Review: Skin&Co Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream
By Yolanda Jeftha
7 July 2020
I was first introduced to the Skin&Co brand when I received their Truffle Therapy Illuminating Skin Refresh Mist in a Boxycharm box. What immediately caught my attention after reading a little about the brand is that they balance nature and tradition with science and modernity to produce the very best for our skin.
Skin&Co Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream – $35
The Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream is a highly concentrated gel-crème cleanser formulated to deeply cleanse the skin, remove makeup, dirt and impurities. It also effectively keeps pores free and clear from congestion and blemishes while brightening and soothing sensitivity-prone complexions.
The consistency of this cleansing cream feels smooth and creamy. It has a pleasant delicate scent that I quite enjoy. The product spreads easily and emulsified heavy makeup with ease. The idea is to massage the cream on the skin and to leave it for a few seconds before removing it. This gives it time to dissolve any built-up product. The cream itself feels gentle on the skin, almost like a face moisturiser would. I’ve used cotton rounds to remove the product and this works pretty well. Rising it off with lukewarm water is my preferred way of removing the product.
This cleansing cream does not foam up and therefore not your “traditional cleanser”. The name defines it as a cleansing cream and this falls into the “cleansing balm and cleansing oil” category. These products are ideal for removing makeup and best to use as your first cleanser.
It can’t be your only and final cleansing step, especially on days when you’re wearing heavy makeup. This should be the first step of the double cleansing process. It contains products that won’t clog pores but to ensure that your skin is well cleansed, I would suggest that this be used as a first cleanser.
How to use it
- Apply a dollop of product onto the face and neck without using water. Gently massage the product onto skin in a circular motion for 30 seconds or longer. The key is to spread and massage the product as this will help effectively remove makeup, oil, dirt, and impurities. Remove the Whipped Cleansing Cream with a cotton round to remove makeup or rinse off with warm water to thoroughly cleanse the skin.
- The truffle whipped cleansing cream is a multitasker and can also be used as a moisture mask. Can be used 1-2 times per week, or as needed to replenish hydration and nourishment to dry flaky, and dull skin. Add a thick layer to face and wait 15-20 minutes before removing.
The ingredients that make this extra special consists of:
- Black Winter Truffle – contains a high concentration of powerful antioxidant Superoxide Dismutase (SOD).
- Sweet Almond Oil – fatty acids found in this oil is not only great as a remedy to remove built-up oil, dirt and impurities accumulate throughout the day but it also helps the skin preserve moisture and keeps it hydrated.
- Chamomile Extract – a popular soothing and therapeutic floral extract. Chamomile is a powerhouse packed with phytoactive essential oils known to soothe sensitive and heal damaged skin.
Why you would love it?
The Skin & Co cleansing cream doesn’t just remove makeup but also cleanses off that first layer of dirt. The formula is gentle yet effective. It dissolves dirt and makeup without leaving the skin feeling taut. Fatty acids found in the sweet almond oil, as explained above, help preserve moisture. The best part is that it’s great for all skin types, even those with extremely sensitive skin.
I rate the Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream a ⭐⭐⭐⭐